Monday, November 17, 2008


Last Christmas my mom gave me this cook book. Honestly, at first I thought "is she trying to tell me something?" like I needed to learn how to cook or something? And I quickly realized that yes, I do need to learn how to cook. I also realized I don't like to cook. It's okay, if I have the right ingredients on hand and it's recipe I know will turn out like somthing from my sister, mom, mom in law or the kraft canada magazine- which by the way is really nice. But even then it doesn't quite tickle my fancy the way it does for other people.
Baking however has always been something I liked. Mostly because I have a sweet tooth and love chocolate and vanilla and most baked goods. Recently I found Bakerella and a few other blogs that have inspired me to learn how to decorate cake and cupcakes with flair!
I am super excited to learn fondant and piping and all that goes into it. I plan on taking a cake decorating class from Michaels when they offer their next segment of classes. (if anyone wants to take them with me that would be great)
I can't wait to start baking and making beatiful and yummy treats- I'm sure my hubby won't be too dissapointed at my new found hobbie either!!!

Here's to cupcakes!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

took classes with my mom and loved it - it was a few years ago, but after I was able to make wedding cakes to make some extra money while I was in school. There are 3 levels, GO ALL THE WAY IT IS AWESOME!

Leishman's said...

Yeah for the new blog. I should take the class with you. I have been thinking about taking it someday.